Register to our Networking event “UPSCALING LOW CARBON LIVESTOCK FARMING IN EUROPE” which will take place in Brussels, on 6th February. This event is co-organised by Life GreenSheep and Life Carbon Farming and aims at gathering partners of different European projects.
It is a great opportunity to exchange and capitalize on previous and existing European projects on sustainable livestock production ; to identify collectively the best practices to disseminate this new knowledge to advisors, farmers and the sector’s industries and to develop a network for future projects. Besides plenary sessions, two workshop sessions will enable to address in small groups several questions related to the upscaling of carbon farming in European farms.
- 9h00 : Registration & welcome coffee
- 9h30-11h00 : Introductive plenary session. Levers for upscaling : crossed views from institutions to farmers
- Introduction– Anaïs L’hôte (LIFE Carbon Farming) & Sindy Throude (LIFE Green Sheep)
- Global Perspective and Policies on European Carbon Farming Valeria Forlin(DG Clima)
France : French initiative for a low carbon strategy (training, tools, partnerships, financial support) by Idele – Josselin Andurand
- Ireland : Supporting farms technical and environmental improvements by Teagasc – Donal O’Brien
- Spain : How does the professional sector support the dissemination of low carbon practices ? by Asoprovac – Matilde Moro
- Involvement of agrifood industries in decarbonizing dairy sector – To be confirmed
How to reward farmers for supporting change of practices ? I4CE – Clothilde Tronquet
- 11h00 – 12h15 :Workshops
- 12h15-13h45 : Networking lunch
- 13h45-14h45 : Poster’s Session
- 14h45-16h00 : Workshops
- 16h00-17h00 : Final plenary session and workshops summary
- How to build strong partnerships at the beginning of the project to involve farmers and advisors?
- What skills and methods are needed to support dissemination of low carbon & sustainable practices ?
- How to involve stakeholders, sectors’ bodies and institutions in upscaling low carbon & sustainable practices ?
- How can farmers be rewarded for implementing these new practices on their farms ?
- How can we capitalize the knowledge from low carbon farming European initiatives for research, advice and new projects ?
To participate to this event, fill in our registration form before 25th January.